The present look-out tower was formerly a watch tower of the medieval castle. That was at the end of the 18th century demolished and only its tower was left. A hundred years later this ruin was taken over by local Department of KCT, which had the tower completely rebuild into the look-out tower. Its grand opening was held on the 1st of June 1903. During the next hundred years Trúba has become the biggest magnet of ancient town Štramberk.